Friday, June 24, 2011

Pediatric Sexual History Should Not Be Neglected

I am torn regarding whether 82% represents appropriate performance on history taking in pediatric adolescent (ages 14 - 19) lower abdominal pain/dysuria/vaginal complaint, or whether that remaining 18% represents potentially uncaptured pathology.  Considering that 76% of patients asked regarding sexual history reported sexual activity, and 83% of their subgroup completing anonymous questionnaires reported sexual activity, I think >90% enquiry regarding sexual activity would be a better target.

So, we're doing a pretty good job - but it could be better.

"Sexual history documentation in adolescent emergency department patients."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21646260

1 comment:

  1. Merci beaucoup pour le partage. that's amazing!
    This active intergradient is very safe for using and results in no biological side effect on human health.
    acheter kamagra en tablettes

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts > 10 days old will be moderated; blame spammers.